As a SignVideo customer, you will have instant access to an experienced, qualified British Sign Language (BSL) video interpreter within minutes through our SignVideo App or SignVideo Web with your PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone.
Instructions on how to use app and service when contacting your GP:
Below you will find a link to various different services including Sensory Support for children and adults, RNID, Sign Language Classes and Speech Text Service.
Riverside Practice treatment room services are under severe pressure at present. However, they are still operating a normal service for your blood appointments.
Riverside Practice has changed the way we work.
Riverside Practice would like to assure their patients that they have been dealing with all patient requests during the Covid-19 pandemic. However, the way in which we deal with patient requests has changed. All patients first receive a telephone consultation from a member of the Practice team and then a decision on appropriate next steps is agreed with the patient. This may include allocation of a face to face appointment or house visit with one of the practice team as indicated, arranging investigations or advice on treatment including issuing of prescriptions. Thank you for your co-operation in maintaining a safe practice for all our patients and staff alike.
Support for New and Expectant Parents.
Strabane Riverside Practice Directory - Best for phone, tablets etc in portrait orientation
Strabane Riverside Practice Directory
Online Stress Control Classes
The Multidisciplinary Team
Our multidisciplinary Team helps GPs to focus their skills where they are most needed - diagnosing and treating patients with more complex conditions. We have had new members of staff joining the Practice Team.
We have two Practice based Pharmacists - Miss Brenda Coyle and Mr Roary Duffy. Their role involves consulting and treating patients directly. This includes authorising and processing all the repeat prescription requests, providing help to manage long term conditions, advising patients taking multiple medicines and managing medicine shortages by suggesting alternatives where appropriate.
We have two Practice Physiotherapists - Mrs Michelle Donaghey and Miss Louise McDermott. They are the experts in assessing, diagnosing and managing any muscular or joint issues that you may have.
We have a Practice Social Worker - Mr Daniel Quinn. He will work with you to identify and address any social factors which may affect your physical or mental health and general wellbeing. Working with the community, he will work with you to identify services or groups which can provide you with additional support.
We have a Mental Health Practitioner - Mrs Amanda Conlon. One in four people in Northern Ireland will experience issues with their mental health in their lifetime. Amanda can work with you to identify the issues which affect you. She will provide you with advice and support to enable you to take charge of your mental health and confidently manage your mental health needs.
How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This Practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information ask at reception for a leaflet OR see the link below.
Riverside Practice Privacy Notice
Letters of Support
We no longer do "letters of support". The reasons for this are:
- There is no need
- There is no advantage
- GPs workload does not allow for them
- The contract under which GPs work, means they are under no obligation at all regards such requests.
We understand some may be disappointed with this. Nonetheless it is an ESSENTIAL move to ensure we continue to meet our primary function.
Completion of Forms
If you require any forms completed, for example childminding forms, DVLA forms etc please contact receptionist for advice. You may not require an appointment.
It is important that we maximise the number of appointments available to patients for clinical problems rather than administration.
The Practice is aware that some patients have posted disparaging comments about staff and the Practice on social media. If you have any comments or complaints about the Practice please write to the Practice Manager. This ensures we can respond to people's concerns with patient confidentiality in mind.
(Site updated 11/08/2022)