Physiotherapist within the Practice
From 14th January 2019, patients at Riverside Practice over the age of 16, who present with musculokeletal problems including back, neck, joint or muscle problems, can book to see an Advanced Physiotherapist instead of a GP.
This appointment can be made the normal way with your receptionist. The appointment will comprise of an assessment, examination and diagnosis of your problem. This will not involve hand-on treatment, but you will be given appropriate advice and management of your condition which may include an exercise programme, which should all help to improve your problem quicker. If required, the physiotherapist can refer for further investigations such as x-ray and refer on for physiotherapy, orthopaedic ICATs and other services.
How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This Practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information ask at reception for a leaflet OR see the link below.
Riverside Practice Privacy Notice
Managing Chronic Pain
6 week course 1 day a week (2.5 hours) on managing chronic pain starts in September 2018. Please see link below.
Managing Chronic Pain
NEW FOR 2018!!!!
From Monday 15th January 2018 patients of Riverside Practice who are over 16 years of age and who present with muscle, joint, back or neck pain can book an appointment with a Specialist Physiotherapist instead of a GP.
This appointmentwill be for assessment, diagnosis and initial management. Contact our reception staff for an appointment or book online.
It is Practice Policy that patients do not attend the Treatment Room unless asked to do so by your GP or Treatment Room. From 3rd April 2018 all patients requiring routine or regular blood tests will need to book an appointment.
Contact details for Action Cancer are as follows:
Letters of Support
We no longer do "letters of support". The reasons for this are:
- There is no need
- There is no advantage
- GPs workload does not allow for them
- The contract under which GPs work, means they are under no obligation at all regards such requests.
We understand some may be disappointed with this. Nonetheless it is an ESSENTIAL move to ensure we continue to meet our primary function.
Completion of Forms
If you require any forms completed, for example childminding forms, DVLA forms etc please contact receptionist for advice. You may not require an appointment.
It is important that we maximise the number of appointments available to patients for clinical problems rather than administration.
The Practice is aware that some patients have posted disparaging comments about staff and the Practice on social media. If you have any comments or complaints about the Practice please write to the Practice Manager. This ensures we can respond to people's concerns with patient confidentiality in mind.
(Site updated 11/06/2019)